Web evangelism training videos
There are a number of ways to learn more about online evangelism strategy and techniques. These videos are a vital way of learning.
TruthMedia.com free training videosThese excellent short downloadable videos range from about 1 to 6 minutes in length. (You will need Flash installed on your computer.) Produced by leading web evangelism team TruthMedia.com, they cover three essential areas of web evangelism:
• Writing and editing – learn how to write testimonies and pages in a way that communicates effectively with non-Christians; advice on writing newsletters, translating websites into other languages, and understanding how the Web differs from print
• Interactivity – learn how to relate to people online, in terms of follow-up and chat ministry
• Online mentoring – learn how to offer ongoing support and mentoring to online contacts
Web Evangelism Track from Internet Ministry ConferenceSeven of the ‘web evangelism track’ sessions from the Internet Ministry Conference in September 07 at Grand Rapids, were recorded with an innovative system which as well as the speaker, also displays the PowerPoint slides or other screen displays that participants were able to view. We highly recommend that you set aside time to view the seminars:
- Evangelism and Mentoring: Building Relationships That Change Lives (Karen Schenk, Truth Media)
- The Power of Personal Testimony (John Sorensen, Evangelism Explosion)
- Reaching Your Community Through A Church Website (Brent Purves and Cam Hall)
- Stupid Mistakes I Have Made (David Bruce, Hollywood Jesus)
- The Edges Of Cyberspace (John Edmiston, Antioch Internet Bible International)
- Rethinking Internet Evangelism And Online Ministry (Robby Richardson, Gospel Communications International)
view the seminars
Other conference materialPCUSA Communicators Conferences cover web ministry effectively, and their reports are a good summary:
• Stronghold Conference
• Menucha Conference
Dr Dan Taylor, speaking at Desiring God conference, gives some profound insights into story:
video or audio of presentation
Audio presentationsDick Innes of ACTS offers valuable insights into evangelism, in a talk based on his book I Hate Witnessing. You are free to re-broadcast, podcast, or link to these, with appropriate credit to ‘Dick Innes, leader of ACTS, www.actsweb.org’:
Listen in Real Audio
Part 1 | Part 2
Secular training videosSite Reference and SiteProNews offer a range of short clear video tutorials on a range of topics relating to web design, promotion, and credibility. Although pitched particularly at business users, there are many lessons here for Christian and non-profit sites.
There are many other training videos online. Search on Google using ‘videos’ will find many, including, for example, tutorials on how to replace components in your laptop.
Web promotion techniquesPastor Ralph Wilson is also an experienced web marketer. His articles and newsletter are very useful, even though some content applies only to business site promotion. He also offers a YouTube channel with a range of short video tutorials.