Need a conference speaker on digital evangelism?
Face-to-face or Skype video conferencing
The potential for online evangelism is incredible, and we are eager to share more about it. We can provide speakers for events such as:
- evangelism-related and mission conferences
- pastors’ or ministers’ fraternals
- Bible Colleges
- communication courses
- mission agency staff meetings
- Christian resource exhibitions
Please note that we are not offering speakers to give Bible teaching or devotional ministry, or to speak at evangelistic events. The purpose of our panel is to offer experts who can speak to Christians about issues relating to internet and digital evangelism.
Web conference alternative by Skype / YahooMessenger with downloaded PPT / GoogleDocs-hosted PPTWe may also be able to offer you a web-conferencing seminar by telephone conference call, or using Skype or other messenger system such as YahooMessenger. This is how the Skype/YahooMeasenger option works:
- The conference location should ideally have a fast Internet connection (although in practice successful conferences have been held on slower connections), and set up two data projectors connected to two laptops, one of which is also connected to the Web, a webcam, and to PA amplification, and has Skype software installed and registered to a Skype user (or YahooMessenger software and registered user account). Preferably two projection screens unless a very large one is available.
- The conference webcam enables the speaker to see something of the conference. It should be mounted to provide views from the conference which will be helpful to the speaker, and perhaps even moved from time to time, according to the speaker’s preferences or the layout and program of the session. (For instance, the speaker may wish to watch a preceding live speaker at the conference.)
- Ideally, a radio mike will also be wired into the conference computer so that attendees can direct questions to the speaker. Alternatively, questioners can line up by the laptop so that they are in view of the conference webcam, enabling the speaker to see them; for this option it is helpful to the rest of the group for their questions to also be amplified so all participants can hear.
- The speaker’s computer also needs a webcam, microphone and Skype or other messenger software installed. (Webcam and microphone of better quality are desirable. Good lighting on the speaker is also important.)
- The speaker sends his or her PowerPoint to the conference organiser, well in advance. It is loaded onto the other laptop (that runs PowerPoint, PointPoint Reader, OpenOffice or any program capable of displaying PowerPoint slides). Alternatively the Powerpoint is uploaded to a GoogleDocs page and the location of the Docs PPT is emailed in advance to the conference organizer, who can project it directly from this online location, providing internet access speeds are adequate.
- About 10 minutes before the session is due to start, the conference organiser and speaker both log on via Skype (or the chosen messenger system) and check all is working.
- One projector displays the speaker’s face onto the first screen, via the speaker’s webcam and the conference Skype (or other messenger) software.
- The other projector displays the speaker’s PowerPoint on the second screen. or is connected to the GoogleDocs PPT page location. A volunteer computer operator manually clicks through PowerPoint slides when prompted by the speaker, asking for “Next slide” verbally.
- The whole system will have been tested previously, and the operator of the PowerPoint laptop will have practised the presentation too.
- It is also possible to link up a contributing speaker by conventional telephone conference call.
Please do consider such a web evangelism slot within mission, evangelism, communication or pastors conferences, or Bible College course modules. Note that our free downloads: PowerPoint, video clips, handouts, etc. can also enable you to create your own conference seminar, and Internet Ministry Conference video seminars can be shown by projection as another option for your conference.
• Note our listing of 2015 conferences on web evangelism and related topics.