- Channel topics
- Finding faithHow people become Christians
- Effective communicationApproaches for biblical communication
- Bridge the gapMeeting people on the common ground of their interests & needs
- Bridging opportunitiesExamples and opportunities for using the Bridge Strategy
- Using cultureTypes of culture; understanding & using culture in evangelism
- Websites that workIssues for site planning, usability and promotion
- Problems in evangelismThings that stop us being effective
- Mission opportunitiesDigital evangelism & cross-cultural mission, mission & literature resources
- Writing wellHow to write effectively for the web or print media
A Communication Channel page
... our resource covering a wide range of evangelism issues
View entire listing here or use left-hand subject menu.
Free: articles are freely available to republish or adapt for print media, and can be syndicated into websites using a simple insert code.
Music – a key means of online evangelismMusic is a universal language. There are many opportunities to create evangelistic pages with music as a starting point, using the Bridge Strategy. Sadly, there are very few such pages available. Here are some possible routes:
- A professional Christian musician can build a page around his or her instrument and type of music. A remarkable example of this is trombone player Douglas Yeo, whose extensive website gives a vast range of resources, yet also shares his faith appropriately in the overall context. Take time to look at this extensive site, and then read Doug's explanation of the ethos and scope of his site.
- A site can be built around a particular genre of music (blues, rap, jazz, barbershop, rock and so many others) aiming to be a valuable information resource, weaving in appropriate Christian content.
- An unofficial appreciation page can be created around any musician or music group. Alternatively, sites for young people can analyze lyrics of recent music releases. Since almost all music lyrics express deep needs and desires which can be a starting point for discussion or the extraction of parallel meanings, there is great potential for evangelism. Damaris study guides frequantly look at music. Sadly, very few sites focus on popular youth music in this way, yet it represents one of the most powerful means of communicating with this age group.
- A site built around Indian music, or a specific instrument such as the sitar, could be a valuable outreach to ethnic Indians. A similar approach could be used for other national instruments or music genres.
Music related outreach sites
- Healing Piano offers downloadable piano music, intended for those suffering pain. As you get into the site, the real Healer of pain is introduced.
- ElvisGospel looks at his music from a Christian viewpoint.
related pages within the Bridge the gap & Using culture menu links
recommended books on reaching outsiders, including free downloads
valuable online videos about web ministry