- Channel topics
- Finding faithHow people become Christians
- Effective communicationApproaches for biblical communication
- Bridge the gapMeeting people on the common ground of their interests & needs
- Bridging opportunitiesExamples and opportunities for using the Bridge Strategy
- Using cultureTypes of culture; understanding & using culture in evangelism
- Websites that workIssues for site planning, usability and promotion
- Problems in evangelismThings that stop us being effective
- Mission opportunitiesDigital evangelism & cross-cultural mission, mission & literature resources
- Writing wellHow to write effectively for the web or print media
A Communication Channel page
... our resource covering a wide range of evangelism issues
View entire listing here or use left-hand subject menu.
Free: articles are freely available to republish or adapt for print media, and can be syndicated into websites using a simple insert code.
Thinking God’s thoughts after Him
The Schramm concept of effective communication
There are a number of theories of communication, often quite complex to grasp. (Some are explained here.) They are nevertheless helpful to us in understanding how messages are transmitted and received. Rather than being ‘psycho-babble’, they often demonstrate human truths which are also clearly given us in the Bible.
Wilbur Schramm’s simple diagram of overlapping circles demonstrates visually 1 Cor 9:19-23 – seeking to identify and find areas of common ground. This biblical principle is also demonstrated in the ways that adults best learn, and effectively validates online evangelism using the Bridge Strategy.
– illustrating the principle of I Cor 9:19-23
It is also a reflection of the incarnational journey of identification that Jesus made, in order to communicate with us. John Stott’s last public sermon at the Keswick Convention stressed the vital importance of incarnational witness.
related pages within the Reach outsiders menu links
recommended books about evangelism principles, including free downloads
valuable online videos about web ministry